-
September 27th, 2005, 08:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Anyone see this yet,i seen it on e bay,i didnt even know it was out yet.
Black Label Skateboards? long-awaited documentary of the life and crimes of Duane Peters. Chronicling decades of balls-out skateboarding and back-alley music, this hour-long biopic lays out the twisted tale of one of the most influential skateboarders and punk rockers on the planet. From the infamous Death Loop and pro-circuit battles to garage bands and world tours, Who Cares covers decades of Duane?s days- past and present- as a peerless innovator on a skateboard and a tireless frontman in a punk band. Also explore Duane?s broken-home fury, his near-fatal addiction to drugs and booze, and his ongoing bouts with sobriety. Featuring interviews with friends, family, photographers, and legendary skateboarders Steve Olson, Steve Alba, Tony Hawk, Tony Alva, Dave Hackett, Dave Duncan, Christian Hosoi, Lance Mountain, Jason Jessee, Jason Adams, and others.
Music by Black Flag, Bad Religion, X, the Crowd, the Deadbeats, the Wierdos, 20/20, Contribution, Political Crap, U.S. Bombs, and the Hunns.
-
September 27th, 2005, 10:34 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Haven't seen it yet but definitely something I wanna watch. The Master of Disaster was one of my hero's as a kid. I used to see him tear up Pipeline skate park back in the day. He was the Evel Kneivel of skating and a true innovator. I can't think of anyone more punk rock than D.P
-
September 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
#3
L U D E B O Y
Guest
That's a sick ass documentary. Duane's the punkest fucker to come out of OxCx. Highly recommend watching it.
-
September 29th, 2005, 09:58 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Oh man, SocialFuckinD, they were just in Philly on tour about 2 weeks ago with the Kings of Nuthin, Angel City Outcasts, and the Black Halos. I hope you got to see them... Duane was doing gigs at skateparks across the country as well.
I went to both the OC and LA premieres for the movie a couple months back....lots of fun! Duane and Cory are getting married in Vegas next week. I'll be there with my new man who just got off the tour with them. He videoed and will be editing the documentary for the tour...they were joking about it being like another state of mind, cuz the end of the tour got all fucked up, and everyone was flyin home. Heres his website if you want to check out pictures from the tour.
Click on Old Skars and Upstarts tour.
www.imageconspiracy.com
-
September 29th, 2005, 10:00 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Oh, and Ludeboy they will be playin the Brigg on the 6th, if your interested..
-
September 30th, 2005, 02:22 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I have been wanting to see this. Is it titled "Unchained" or something like that. I had no idea that it was distributed through Black Label. I assume I may be able to get it at a skate shop.
-
September 30th, 2005, 05:17 AM
#7
Inactive Member
i just saw the die hunns in cleveland...
i dug it, fun show
hes the only one there i wanted to meet, and he was no where to be found... all the other bands were up at the bar, but him...
-
September 30th, 2005, 01:33 PM
#8
Inactive Member
The tour was cancelled this week due to Duane and Cory's baby boy getting sick. And of course it was before they got to San Antonio, Texas! I'm dying to see the documentary on Duane Peters! For anyone who grew up skateboarding in the late 70's early 80's. Legendary stuff!!!!!!
-
September 30th, 2005, 09:00 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Erica,
Yeah, I heard all about the "Juice Magazine Incident." I was actually picked from Juice to help promote the tour until they pulled out or whatever happened. Oh well... life goes on...
-
September 30th, 2005, 09:24 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Steve,
Your welcome. I just found out last night that Lords of Dogtown is released on DVD. I have to go buy that one...
Glenn,
Thats pretty crazy...haha...what a small world we live in huh? [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks